At TangoAlpha3 we truly appreciate and understand the sacrifice and service of our military to keep our country safe and protected. Every year the United States dedicates Veterans Day and Memorial Day to celebrate and remember our heroes who have served this nation, but why do we stop there? Of course, we appreciate our brave soldiers every day, but don’t they deserve more? After all, they are putting their lives on the line to protect and fight for our freedom.
In 1996, the Armed Services YMCA established Veterans and Military Families Month. This is observed for the whole month of November, with each year being kicked off with a proclamation signing by the President. During this month, we express our deep gratitude and appreciation for all the men, women, and their families of these heroes. Some paid the ultimate price. Others spend months to years away from their family and loved ones to keep us safe.
Below are some of the many services and resources available to active military members during this month and some additional opportunities to show support.
Please share this blog or list on your social media or participate in these services and resources as a volunteer or donator.
November is Veterans and Military Family Appreciation Month and here are some awesome ways to support our active military members.
- Operation Kid Comfort– Children can receive a free photo transfer pillow or quilt of a loved one while they are on duty.
- The TangoAlpha3 Academy – A Program designed to help Military veterans transition to the private sector and prepare them to find top tier jobs.
- Get a FREE YMCA Membership– You may qualify for a free gym membership for you and your family! See qualifications in the link.
- Sesame Street For Military Families Free App– This app helps to talk about difficult topics such as deployments, injuries, homecomings, and more with the help of kid friendly articles, videos, and parent guides.
- Adopt a Soldier For the Holidays– Many servicemen and women are unable to return home on the holidays. There are multiple programs where you can provide the opportunity for these heroes to still enjoy their holiday
- Create a care package for a service member to help with their deployment
- Volunteer in armed service relief programs such as; Navy/Marine Corps Relief Society, Air Force Aid Society, Army Emergency Relief, or Coast Guard Mutual Assistance.
- Fly the U.S. Flag in your yard
- Turkeys for Troops by the USO provides military families with assistance during Thanksgiving by providing meal baskets and more.
Contact your local Morale, Welfare, and Recreation office to see what events and activities are coming up.
A simple share on your social media will help get the word out about this special month dedicated to giving back a little to our military who sacrifice so much for us each day. It takes just a few seconds of your time but the impact can be tremendous. As both former military members and an experienced veteran talent acquisition firm, we take every opportunity to promote support, resources, and outreach for our nation’s bravest.We invite you to take part in the celebration of these heroes. Pick a way to contribute or donate to an organization. No task is too small.
We would like to extend our deepest gratitude and appreciation to all those who have served past and present, as well as their families.
Subscribe to our email newsletter and keep up with all things TA3!